American Airlines Flight 11
Flight 11 provided daily, nonstop service from Boston's Logan International Airport (BOS) to Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). The aircraft was a Boeing 767, tail number N334AA. On September 11 the passengers for the 7:45 am flight included Mohamed Atta, Abdulaziz al-Omari, Wail al-Shehri, Waleed al-Shehri and Satam al-Suqami, who would later be named as suspected hijackers.
- The hijackers weren't on the 9/11 passenger manifests?
- Variations in different Flight 11 passenger lists suggest they are fabrications?
- There were unusually few passengers on the 9/11 flights?
- Only a very small number of passengers are listed in the Social Security Death Index?
- The calls from the hijacked flights were faked?
- The flights were flown by remote control, not hijackers? (Technical analysis)
- Flight 11 didn't really crash at the WTC?
- Why did the FAA report that Flight 11 was still in the air, more than 30 minutes after it had crashed?
- The black boxes were secretly recovered?
Flight Explorer flight path
Audio- Atta's voice from the Flight 11 cockpit
- 4 minutes of Betty Ong's phone call
- NORAD are incorrectly told at 9:21 that Flight 11 was still in the air
Wreckage and personal effects were recovered from the scene. Some of these shots are labelled only as plane fragments from ground zero, and not specifically identified as coming from Flight 11 or 175.
The Flight 11 passenger manifest has been published in the Boston Globe, and at the Moussaoui trial, and we've obtained further documents that reportedly came from the FBI.
The NTSB have released the following Flight 11-related documents.
- ATC Report
- Flight Path Study
- Radar Data Impact Speed Study
- Recorded Radar Data Study all Four Aircraft
And the FAA have made these documents available:
- Transcripts of communications between New York Air Route Traffic Control Centre and the hijacked planes
9/11 Commission interview summaries.
- Craig Marquis, Craig Parfitt, Mike Mulcahy and Joe Bertapelle of American Airlines
- Bill Halleck and Peggy Houck of American Airlines
- Joe Cooper, Boston ATC
- Colin Scoggins, Boston ATC
- John Hartling, Boston ATC
- Robert Jones, Boston ATC
- Jon Schippani, Boston ATC
- Brazilino Martens, Boston ATC
- Dawne Deskins, NEADS
- FAA Ops Centre
- Richard Ducharme, FAA
- Daniel Bueno, Boston ATC
- Mike McCormick #1, NY ATC
- Mike McCormick #2, NY ATC
- Steve Saul, NY ATC
- Robert Birch, NYC ATC manager
- David Bottiglia, NYC ATC
- "Rosenberg", NYC ATC
- Evanna Dowis, NYC ATC
- David LaCates, NY ATC
- Mark Merced, NY ATC
- Peter McCloskey, NY ATC
- James Kurz, NY ATC
- Charles Alfaro, NYC ATC
- Sgt Steve Bianchi, NEADS
- Ed Ballinger, United Airlines flight dispatcher
- Terry Biggio, Boston ATC manager
- Mark Barnik, Cleveland ATC
- Richard Beringer, Boston ATC
- Lorraine Barrett, NYC ATC
- Suzanne Clarke, American Airlines
- Janet Riffe, American Airlines, Document #2
- William Dean, Boston ATC
- FBI interviews relating to Flight 11
- FBI summary on the Flight 11 hijackers
- FBI reports on people who booked tickets for Flight 77 and Flight 11 but didn't board the planes
- Information on the roles of the Flight 11 flight attendants, and other information on Kathleen Nicosia
- This FAA Command Centre Briefing has some Flight 11-related timeline information
- 9/11 Commission thoughts about why it was incorrectly reported that NEADS heard early about the Flight 77 and Flight 93 hijackings
- This 9/11 Commission document details the hunt for Flight 11 after it had hit the WTC
- A 9/11 fax (?) with lists of initial hijacker suspects for Flight 11 and Flight 77, including their flight booking details