The 9/11 attacks were carried out by four hijacked airliners.
- American Airlines Flight 11, a Boeing 767-223ER travelling from Boston to Los Angeles.
- United Airlines Flight 175, a Boeing 767-222 travelling from Boston to Los Angeles.
- American Airlines Flight 77, a Boeing 757-223 travelling from Dulles to Los Angeles.
- United Airlines Flight 93, a Boeing 757-223 travelling from Newark to San Francisco.
Follow the above links for information specific to each flight.
- The hijackers weren't on the 9/11 passenger manifests?
- There were unusually few passengers on the 9/11 flights?
- Only a very small number of passengers are listed in the Social Security Death Index?
- The flights were flown by remote control, not hijackers? (Technical analysis)
- Why, on 9/11, was a plane reported as crashing near the Ohio/ Kentucky border?
- One of the passengers said they saw a gun?
- How could the black boxes have been destroyed? And were at least three secretly recovered?
- FAA records show Flight 93 and 175 registration numbers were valid for years after 9/11?
- A useful table of information on each of the hijacked 9/11 flights: crew, hijackers, their boarding times, calls from the flights, more
- NTSB Recorded Radar Data Study for all Four Aircraft
- A collection of USA Today stories on the flights
- "We have some planes": 9/11 Commission Chronology
- 9/11 Commission thoughts about why it was incorrectly reported that NEADS heard early about the Flight 77 and Flight 93 hijackings
- A later FAA notification timeline for the hijacked flights
- Phone calls from the flights (Moussaoui exhibit) in Flash form
- Downloadable version of the above that you can run from the Windows desktop.
- Image-only version of the above (simplest to view)
The airlines released partial manifests soon after the attacks, as families agreed their relatives could be publicly named. The full manifests appeared at the Moussaoui trial (more details on the page for each flight).